Sunday, March 31, 2013

Aging

I have had a hard time with this last birthday. I don't know why. I always thought I would grow old gracefully. For the most part, I have. I loved turning 30. I hated 25. What is wrong with 36? I think I have been spending too much time thinking about where I am, where I thought I would be, etc. My life plan got off track when I was 20, and there are days when I still struggle with it. The biggest issue is my biological clock, and the not knowing what to do about it. My youth is quickly escaping me, and it isn't coming back. What do I have to show for it? Am I doing enough? Because I don't have children to contribute to society, I spend a lot of time thinking about how to give my life more meaning. I am lucky to have a very fulfilling job, and for that I am grateful. However, I know there is more I could be doing to give back. I am on the constant quest to find the perfect program that I want to give my time to.

One thing I have always wanted to do was donate my hair. A lot of organizations won't take color treated hair, and I am going to have to do that eventually. I think I am the only woman I know who doesn't color her hair. Which is pretty awesome for 36, right? So on Thursday, I decided that I needed a makeover to rejuvenate my attitude, and give a little back. It is hair, and it grows back. So I told my stylist to do it! And she chopped off 10" for Locks of Love.  I love my sassy new do. And it takes a lot less time to wash and style. With that and my fat melting, I am going to turn it around in no time and own my 36.

No comments: