Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mmmm....... Grains

I don't even want to talk about my proposed schedule.

Let's instead talk about my slight tendencies towards OCD. I have become obsessed with my diet, which is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I am wasting so much time thinking about food that I can't get anything done, and my stress level continues to climb. I was so stressed out at the beginning of the week, and I justified the fact that I wasn't losing weight on the fact that I haven't been meeting my exercise goals. And then...... Wednesday happened.

I had a Lia Sophia party at my house and made a bunch of appetizers that I, of course, couldn't eat. Fruit skewers, and raw vegetables were ok. But potato skins, tortilla chips (with salsa, guacamole, mango salsa), hummus, tomato/basil/mozzarella bites, and cookies were all out. What was I doing to myself? And then after 2 glasses of wine, also not on the diet, I made the plunge. I didn't go crazy. But I was starving, and I couldn't very well cook myself something different then my guests. I should have done that before anybody got there, but I didn't think that far ahead. I ate 2 potato skins, 4 tomato bites, and counted out my 14 chips for dips. And it was heavenly. And the next morning, I was 1/2 pound lighter. Hmmmmm...... Fluke, right? Thursday there was some leftover guacamole that needed finishing, so once again, I counted out my chips, and polished it off. I added salsa to it as well, so it was a great snack. Friday, I was 1/2 pound lighter. Ok...... So on Friday, I took a friend's kid to the movies and snacked on some popcorn. And I had a couple chips when I got home with the mango salsa. This morning, I am another 1/2 pound lighter. On top of that, I didn't have that mid-afternoon crash that I had been experiencing lately. I felt really good.

I am 7 pounds in, and am basically halfway to my 15 pound weight loss goal. With the help of some grain. Ultimately, I think everyone has to figure out what works for them. I think grains, in limited quantities, may work for me. I am going to make an effort to eat relatively grain-free. No more than once a day, and only a couple days a week It is going to kill me, and I need to lighten up a little a let myself have it.

That being said, the gym has been closed this week to upgrade equipment, floors, and locker rooms. It is open again today, and I have a Hot Yoga class to hit. Later!

No comments: