Sunday, March 24, 2013

Long week

It was a long week. I really need to win the lottery. I have a feeling the remainder of the school year will be continued stress for me, and I have to figure out how to deal with it. I have a history of taking on a little more than I can handle, so I don't know why I am surprised. But I am looking forward to a 4 day work week so I have an extra day this weekend to decompress. Or get stuff done. Whatever.

I like to think I work best under pressure. With my new diet, I am struggling a little bit with focus. I feel great, but I feel like I have ADD. So getting things accomplished this week has been a little bit of a challenge. Which doesn't help my stress level. I can't wait until the last minute on things with my brain in a slight fog. So I need to start scheduling days for certain tasks. And with my new philosophy, I am going to write everything down. I barely function in the mornings, so everything I schedule has to be after work. That being said, my tentative plan is:
  1. Monday - Workout and grading papers
  2. Tuesday - Lesson planning, and go to class
  3. Wednesday - Workout and homework
  4. Thursday - Workout, and either homework or grading or lesson planning, whatever needs done.
  5. Friday - Rest day, and party time
  6. Saturday - Long workout, chores, Precocious Peacock research and development
  7. Sunday - Precocious Peacock R&D, prepare myself for work the next day. 

Somewhere in all of that I have to also pencil in my husband and friends. On a plus side, I did a really good job of eating this week. I planned my lunches well, and learned that I need to be better job at packing snacks. One thing that is really weird about this diet is that when I am hungry I need to eat immediately. There is no warning of oncoming hunger. This can be eliminated if I eat small meals frequently. And besides the general brain fog, I feel great. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, so that isn't too shabby. I will probably only lose about 1 pound a week from here on out, though I am hoping for 2. That will require more workouts, which will also help my stress level. There were only 2 workouts this week, and they were good ones, both over an hour. But my goal is 5. The gym is closed this week, of course. But that shouldn't stop me from working out at home. No excuses.

No comments: