Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

Christmas was quiet this year. While I missed my family, I appreciated the time alone with my husband. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve, and had his parents, and grandparents over for a mid-day Christmas meal. It was calm, quiet company. Jon cooked, I decorated. Because we haven't been home in years, I had forgotten about many of our decorations. I love my alligator salt & pepper shakers from Department 56, and I found this great little pack of gift confetti at Peir 1 Imports. I think my 5 foot tree is a little overloaded with ornaments, and I dream of a bigger tree one day, but it has a lot of memories on it that I wouldn't trade for the world.
It's been a crummy 8 weeks, but I am grateful for my family. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: