Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What I did........

Baby gift for a co-worker who I don't know that well, and don't like that much. But she is having a boy. So I made this elephant from the Heather Bailey pattern Effie & Ollie that I enlarged.
I spent my break doing what I wanted to do. I shut off my phone, and only opened my computer to play Farmville (yes, I still play, yes, I am bored with it, and no, I can't seem to stop). I ran errands, but and saw a few movies, but overall, tried not to leave the house. And in the process, I became a gift making machine. I know 6 pregnant ladies. They all need baby gifts. Different relationships require different levels of spoiling, however. And some of these ladies read my blog, so you can't see what I made them until after their showers. But I wanted to get it out of the way so I can spend my little spare time during the school semester working on things around the house. I have a pile of alterations, pillows for the bedroom that have been sitting on my desk for almost 2 years, and various other projects that I want to execute. All these babies keep getting in the way. So I got up early, and holed myself up in my craft room to bust out some gifts. I completed 4 projects for babies (couldn't make all 6 until I find out what gender 2 of them are), and I almost finished a quilt for my in-laws boat, my first queen size, which was a challenge. And made some jewelry with my new metal stamping kit, of course. Can't wait to show you all pictures! Stay tuned.

No comments: