Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gluetin Free

It has been 1 month since my cleanse, and my decision to be gluten free. I found out a few years ago that I had some mild food allergies. These allergies didn't seem to affect me much, so I ignored them. But after some experimentation, I realized what an impact it made on my life. So no more wheat, or peanuts (and other things that I never really liked anyway like melon, oats, and cheese mold). The great thing is that corn, potatoes, and rice are still on the list of foods I can eat, so I am not completely out of starch. I sometimes miss crackers, pizza, and cake, but have found good gluten free substitutes. It is easier than I thought it would be. But I would be lying if I said I didn't miss beer. There is supposedly a gluten free beer out there, but I have yet to try it. I am amazed at how much better I feel. I can think more clearly, have lost 7 pounds (the goal is 15), am not as tired, and have a great energy level. I really hope my body can concentrate on sustaining a pregnancy as opposed to fighting allergies all the time. I think there is a direct link, and hope this helps.
I also am appreciating my new energy level because of my schedule. I practically need to schedule time to pee I am so busy. But I am really enjoying my 2 classes, even though they go pretty late at night, and have had a successful semester so far with my new kids. I don't have things down pat yet, but am not scrambling at the last minute as much to put together a lesson. I had a wonderful birthday weekend in Las Vegas with my parents. We had great food, and I saw Bette Midler, and Love. It was awesome. I love that town.
I am exhausted, but love the feeling of learning, and living. They say everyone should eat vegetarian 2 days a week. I feel the same about gluten for those that aren't allergic to wheat. Give it a whirl!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sorry so to have missed your birthday, friend. We had a busy weekend on top of the fact that I have been sick with bronchitis. Not fun. Thanks for the ideas about food - I think I may try the vegetarian 2 days a week - just to start.

Lexy said...

Glad you are feeling great!