Monday, February 15, 2010

Fabric, fabric, fabric

This last Saturday, I had an opportunity to meet Heather Bailey (which is weird to say because my sister-in-law is also named Heather Bailey), who is one of my favorite fabric designers. Her lines are very bright and hip, and her patterns are whimsical and fun. She lives here in Gilbert (her kids even go to one of our rival high schools), and I was sort of awestruck. I had to have my friend Amy along to keep me in check so I didn't appear like a stalker and stare too much. But she had some great samples of her work, and I bought a couple patterns. I ended up spending some time this weekend with the new patterns and making some Henrietta turtles and some Ollie elephants. It is as close as I get to a local celebrity and it was fun. I of course bought some more fabric, and am itching to start a new project. Because, you know, I have so much spare time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I had so much fun at the fabric store with you and meeting Heather. She really has some fabulous fabric and patterns! Thank you again for making me a turtle, I can't wait to see it!!! We need to try and get together soon and sew!