Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rocky Mountain HIgh

I guess looking back, life has been a little stressful. It doesn't seem bad in the middle of it, but I get it now. I was tired. My last day of chemo was on June 22nd. June was no break from life, as I crammed 18 credits into 5 weeks for my teaching certificate. Though intense, I learned a lot, and things for work make a lot more sense now. I finished an 11 day cleanse, and flushed any last chemo out of my system. I couldn't think of anything I wanted more after the last 3 months than a few days in Colorado. We met our friends Pete and Jess, and went camping for 3 days. It was perfect. With the exception of the mosquito bites on my ass (man those blood suckers are quick! all I wanted was to use the facilities!) I feel relaxed, and refreshed. I needed the fresh air, and some down time with my husband and good friends. There is something very healing about the mountains at home. We came home for a few short days, and now I am off for the healing properties of the beach and sea air of California. Aaaaahhhhhh.... To feel normal again.