Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Acupucture

Last Friday I went to my first acupuncture treatment. I am really excited about the idea of naturally aligning my body. I started some Chinese herbs that taste like dirt, but I happily suck it down 3 times a day anyway. She asked me if I wanted to see the needles, or if it would freak me out. Are you kidding? I have given myself shots before, those microscopic things don't bother me. But people are a little crazy if they tell you that you can't feel it, because you can. The crazy part, within 2 hours I felt extreme back pain. I had to cancel my weekend plans because I could barely move. I can stand, and lay down, but sitting is really uncomfortable. Even when eating, I have to get up and stand half way through. I have been laid up on the couch taking pain meds and muscle relaxers for days. I am calm, and creative, but not very productive. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about work. I meet with her again this Wednesday, and I am hoping she can fix me. I have my cousin's wedding in California this weekend, and if I can't go I will be really bummed.

I did manage to go to my knitting guild meeting last night where I presented our new website (someone drove me, I can't exactly operate heavy machinery right now). Jon donated it to the guild. It was a big hit, and I am really excited about it. It was my last meeting as VP, and can now officially call myself President. The next year is going to bring such exciting things. The women in the guild have been a wonderful support to me in the past year, and I can't wait to return the favor during my term. My big focus is going to be increasing membership. The website should give us good exposure. In addition, we need to print rack cards for all the yarn stores in the valley, and business cards for all of the members. I love knitting, and can't stop. I have to do a little everyday, or I can't sleep at night. I know, a little OCD, what's new. But it is nice to have something to focus on and be passionate about. I love that I will get to teach it to youngsters next year, and corrupt a few more kids into fiber addiction. They won't know what hit them!

3 comments:

Miggy said...

Cara that's rad. I don't think I knew you were such an avid knitter. I've crocheted here and there, but no knitting....yet. Maybe you'll have to teach me the art sometime.

La Gitana Que Viaja said...

Feel better soon! My favorite acupuncture needle is one right in the middle of the forehead on the third eye.

Sarah said...

Cara - will you put a link to the website? I want to check it out!